Examination & Evaluation system being followed:
CCE Pattern guided by C.B.S.E. Grading system.
- Classes I – V:CCE system of evaluation is followed in classes I – V, to assess the learning of the pupil. They are assessed in Scholastic and Co-scholastic areas. The academic year is divided into two terms. Each term ends with an evaluation.
- Classes VI – X:CCErefers to a system of school based evaluation of students that covers all aspects of development. The evaluation is thus a curricular initiative, attempting to shift emphasis from testing to holistic learning. It aims at creating good citizens possessing sound health, appropriate skills and desirable qualities besides academic excellence. This will equip the learners to meet challenges of life with confidence and success. The student be tested for scholastic and co-scholastic areas. Promotion will be granted on the basis of the whole year’s performance of the student in the CCE.
- Scholastic Areas include: Formative and Summative Assessment. The academic session for classes VI – X is divided into two terms. Each term will have two formative and one summative assessment. Assessment will be indicated in grades.
The grading scale for the scholastic areas is a nine point grading scale. Co-scholastic activities include:
- Life skills (Thinking Skills, Social Skills and Emotional Skills)
- Attitudes (towards teachers, schoolmates, school programmes and environment)
- Literary and creative skills
- Scientific Skill
- Aesthetic Skills
- Performing Art
- Clubs (Eco, Health and wellness, etc)
The above shall be evaluated and graded on a five point grading scale.
Promotion Criteria for CLASS XI
The students will be evaluated on the basis of Formative tests and the two Terminal Examinations. The evaluation is continuous. The class XI assessment weightage is as follows:
Unit Test 1st & 2nd
|5% + 5%=10%
- Student must score the pass percentage (33%) in each subject in cumulative result.
- Minimum attendance of 75% is must. While class 12th examination based on the syllabus for class 12th only shall be conducted by the C.B.S.E according to their scheme .
Pre-Nursery to X:
- FA-1(May), FA-2(July), FA-3(December),SA-1(September).
- FA-3(December), FA-4(January), SA-2 (March).
XI & XII:
- Unit-I (August) & Ist. Term (September).
- Unit-II (November), Half yearly (December) & Final (March).
Note :- Also visit to the Ed. Deptt. Chd. Website for more details.